Mining, Oil & Gas Industry Consultants
What is the cost of downtime to your company due to skills shortages in your workplace?
Kelsow Consulting has witnessed first hand the importance of quality and effective training delivery‚ and the critical aspects of assuring competence in the workplace. These observations have led us to understand the importance for organizations to have a well trained‚ productive and safe workplace.
Kelsow Consulting offers services to effectively close the gaps in your company’s skill base. On a site-by-site analysis‚ we can determine what methods and tools can be provided to increase the skill base‚ by providing the specific workplace training required to close the gaps to ensure your company's downtime is minimized and production increased‚ all in the safest possible way.
The benefits to your company are simple: a safe‚ productive workplace with increased production‚ less downtime‚ and reduced risk of injuries with an effectively trained workforce with proven competency. The employees are satisfied by receiving relevant and valid training‚ increasing their individual skills and safety levels‚ enhancing career prospects within your company and therefore remaining with you.
A win-win for all.
As can be seen in more detail using the "Services Provided" tabs‚ Kelsow Consulting offers a variety of methods to enhance your workforce’s performance‚ such as:
- Development of site-specific detailed work instructions -- the "Kelsow Work Instruction"
- Development of Competency Based Training and Assessing (CBTA) systems
- Training Record Keeping systems
- Management system development
- Operations Design Input and Hazard Identification
- On-the-job coaching and mentoring‚ pre-production start-up coaching and post start-up mentoring
- Procedure development
- On-site consultation services to advise on best practice operating methods and procedures‚ by identifying any shortfalls in current work practices and offering productivity improvement solutions
- Independent auditing and pre-auditing of management and Permit to Work systems to ensure compliance
The Kelsow Work Instructions‚ for example‚ are developed specifically for your company’s on-site equipment‚ and provide the ability to enhance your workforce’s skill sets and experience. This is done by developing readily understood and comprehended work instructions which can then be used to ensure critical operations in your business are performed the right way every time‚ eliminating guesswork factors from specific routine operations. Old and new personnel, experienced and inexperienced‚ will then have the opportunity to get the job done in the safest and most productive manner‚ every time.